Welcome to our six-part series, “Your Guide to Spam Proof Email Marketing.” As your partners in email deliverability, we want to help you create email marketing campaigns that succeed, which is why we created this series.
Our series will be broken into the following six posts:
- Part 1: Why Email Marketing
- Part 2: Getting Started
- Part 3: Grow Your Email Lists
- Part 4: Personalized Email Marketing
- Part 5: Improve Email Open Rates
- Part 6: Automate Your Email Marketing
By the end of this series you will be able to:
- Create email lists of targeted customers
- Optimize your lists to ensure maximum open rates and solid click-through rates (CTR)
- Automate the email marketing processes, including nurturing your leads and converting them into customers
Why Your Business Needs Email Marketing
Despite the evolution in online marketing over the past decade or so, email marketing still remains the most direct and in most occasions, the most effective way to:
- Connect to your leads
- Stay connected and nurture your leads
- Convert your leads into customers and ultimately, delight them enough to make them a brand ambassador
Social media and unsolicited spam are on the rise. One of the biggest hurdles you’ll have to overcome with your email campaigns is how to compete with online marketing and how to avoid spam traps and blacklists while building your email marketing lists.
There are a number of reasons to make email marketing your top priority for reaching out to your customers online. Here are our top three reasons:
- Email is still the #1 communication channel – According to a blog by Litmus, 91% of consumers still check their emails on a daily basis. You simply cannot guarantee the same for any other medium of online communication.
- You are the owner of your lists – It is common for brands to have their social media accounts deleted or suspended due to ‘breaking platform rules’ for building followers. When this happens, you lose your fans and followers and your ability to communicate with them almost instantly. However, the same isn’t true for email marketing, where you are the owner of your subscriber lists and how you communicate with the users on those lists.
- Emails have high conversion rates – According to Convince and Convert, consumers who buy from products marketed in emails spend 138% more than those who don’t get these emails. The average value of an order through emails is at the bare minimum, three times higher than that of social media according to McKinsey.com. Long story short…emailing consumers directly are still the best way to make sales online.
Start Email Marketing
Now that you understand the why and how critical email marketing can be for your business, let’s jump into how to get started in email marketing. Check out Part 2 of our series: Guide to Spam Proof Email Marketing – Part 2 Getting Started.