Let’s be honest here – how many times have you discovered, after sending out marketing emails to your subscribers, an embarrassing typo or that you completely missed out on inserting a link to a button? Happens to the best of email marketers out there!
What might seem like a harmless little mistake can cost you a customer, and even worse, can land you in the spam folder. Your efforts and hard work will go to waste as a meaningless, amateur email when landing your potential customer’s inbox.
To avoid this heartache, we at MailMonitor strongly recommend that you always preview and rate marketing emails before sending them out.
Marketing Emails: What Does An Inbox Preview Do?
Most of the leading email marketing services out, such as MailChimp and HubSpot, will allow you to have a complete preview of your email campaigns, giving you the final preview that your subscribers will see. This allows you to preview all your email campaigns before sending them out and gives you the opportunity to check them to see if they look professional and are readable and up to your quality mark.
Reviewing and optimizing your messages before sending them out will:
- Ensure that your emails look accurate and are aesthetically correct for all devices and screen types; and
- Will guarantee that your emails don’t get blocked by any spam filters based on an unforced error on your part
Performing this final check will also enhance your chances of increasing your response rate and minimize your unsubscribes.
Marketing Emails: What If You Don’t Do Inbox Previews?
Inbox Previews are essential marketing tools to quickly identify any issues before deploying a campaign. Failing to do this can lead to:
- High Spam Requests/Unsubscribes – You increase your subscriber’s likelihood to mark you as spam or simply unsubscribe from your mailing lists altogether. Imperfect emails are a real turn off for anyone and it looks extremely unprofessional and suspicious.
- Email Your Reputation – You need to make sure that your messages look perfect on all kind of devices. Failing to do so will definitely reduce your business’s reputation online.
- Increase in Block Rates – All renowned organizations rely heavily on email marketing to send the message across. Sending out faulty emails that might contain missing texts or images, broken links or invalid landing pages will increase the risk of being blocked, killing off the entire object of the marketing teams.
Rating Your Marketing Emails
Below are some of the things that you should always check when previewing your emails:
- No words are misspelled – First and foremost, make sure your content has no typos or even worse, any grammatical errors. Make proofreading your best friend and maybe also involve another team member in the process.
- The images are all working fine – Always double check to see that your images are being uploaded properly and/or are hosted on your public server, free from any password protection.
- Links are working perfectly – Ensure that all of the links in your email are leading to the right place. Check each and every link and certify that none of your links used are blacklisted – something that you should consider critically.
- Email layout is proper – Check the spacing of all elements and the overall layout of your emails for various devices, including the padding, margin changes, color, and fonts.
- Looks good on all inboxes – You will have to make sure that your emails look good across all inboxes and not just a few. Check how they look on test accounts across all inbox services.
- Headlines and subject lines looking good – Your emails should have a good headline as well a subject line that is relevant to the content of your email.
Want to see how the MailMonitor suite of tools can help you rate and preview emails before sending? Contact us and request a demo!